“NADA Acupuncture teaches us to relax from the inside out.” This increased sense of calm and the quieting of symptoms that occurs as a result of the acupuncture treatment stimulates one’ own “Qi” (one’s inner energy) and brings us back into a more balanced state and chance to communicate. As we become calmer inside, we become much more aware of over selves and others. From this quieter, inner place we can then make more careful choices in our reactions to life situations.
In the present day society, people find it hard to talk about help, issues related to addiction, trauma, domestic violence, mental health etc. We believe that talking about feelings, trauma asking for help is still a taboo and highly stigmatized and further biggest barrier in effective service delivery at grass root level.
The idea of forming Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists was mooted by Nada India to achieve the objectives of promoting barrier free services among marginalized. Nada promotes two basic approaches one is the use of ear acupuncture at all stages of addiction treatment & rehabilitation and peer based interventions. NADA protocol was developed and spearheaded as a worldwide movement by Dr. Michael O. Smith Psychiatrist and Acupuncturist from New York the Founder of National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (IAADS) was registered as a trust on 11/01/2011 in New Delhi with a focus on development of quality services available by NADA, (Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists ADS ) in India by
1) Promoting and advocating the understanding of the problems and issues faced by health professionals, Counselors, peer counselors who acquired training as Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (ADS) as per the NADA protocol.
2) Advancing education and research in the field of Holistic health, Ear acupuncture (NADA protocol) and addiction treatment, rehabilitation.
3) Promote and advocate the professional needs of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (Like addiction counselor, peer counselor ,social workers and correction officers , physician and mental health professionals etc.) trained and certified as per the norms set by National Acupuncture Detoxification Association ( NADA) especially those working in the Government ,peer led rehabilitation centers, private and other non-governmental organizations.
4) The Trust will undertake initiatives in the areas of ethics, regulatory system, govt. policy vis a vis ADS, accreditation of CME programs, treatment guidelines & data bank related to ADS and their training.
5) To maintain a register of ADS trained and certified as per NADA norms and guidelines.
|Dr. Michael O. Smith||Visionary|
|Suneel Vasyayan||Founder & Trustee|
|Dr. Ajay Vats||Chairman|
|V.Pallavi||Trustee & Treasurer|
|Mr. Alexander Daniel, IPS||Additional Director General Border Security Force|
|Prof. T.K. Thomas||Professor|
|Ms. Daksha Patel||NADA, ADS (Canada)|
|Mr.E.S.Issac||Director, Doordarashan (Sports Channel)|
|Dr.Ajay Vats NADA ADS||Delhi|
|Dr. Roop Sidana NADA ADS||Rajasthan|
|Dr.James Doss, NADA ADS||Karnataka & Andhra Pradesh|
|Dr.Uttam NADA ADS||Haryana|
|Dr.Anand Ghildyl, NADA ADS||Himachal Pradesh & Chandigarh|
|Dr. Arindam Sinha, NADA ADS||Uttar Pradesh|
|Dr. H.L. Choudhary, NADA ADS||Central Jail (Vadodara Gujarat)|
|Dr.Bharat Shah, NADA ADS||Central Jail (Vadodara Gujarat)|
|Dr.Raghav Pujara, NADA ADS||Central Jail (Ahmedabad Gujarat)|
|Dr.Ajay Vats NADA ADS||Central Jail (Delhi Tihar)|
|Dr.Nayana Ben, Dr.Ajay Vats NADA ADS||Clinical Supervision & Training|